Fennell Green and Bates was established in 1875 after the practice of J.Tolson White an eminent mining engineer in Wakefield in the West Riding of Yorkshire was purchased by Mr Green. The practice became Engineers and Surveyors to the mining industry in West and South Yorkshire until nationalisation of the coal industry in 1947.
The partners in the business advised landowners, developers, mining operators, quarrying companies and clay pipe and brick manufacturers about resources, Town and Country Planning and values of their mineral interests.
The practice also carried out surveys of mines, quarries, land and buildings and consequently the practice has a large archive of mine plans, building surveys ,Ordnance Survey maps and geological maps.
Since the 1980’s the practice expanded the business to deal with contaminated land, waste management, environmental impact assessment and site investigation for construction.
Mr Green left the business in August 2005 and as there are no more partners called Fennell or Bates it was decided to change the name to FGB Fennells.
The practice has over 30 clients in the minerals and waste sector who have a long term relationship with the partners who advise on value, leases, purchases, resources and planning.